7/13/08

Alumni Spotlight: ALISON BANK


Women from Flint (from left)
Jennifer Chimovitz, Alison Bank,
Mara Flamenbaum, Jenny Richmond

Alison Bank circa Ofarim



As part of our ongoing efforts to help CYJ reconnect, we will be featuring one of our alumni on our blog each week until the reunion. We hope that the Alumni Spotlight will help you catch up with some of your friends from back in the day and perhaps provide new business opportunities among our CYJ alumni community!

If you'd like to be featured in an upcoming Alumni Spotlight, please send an email to cyjalumni (at) gmail.com with the following information: Name & hometown, current location, years attended camp, favorite shira shketa song (or other camp song), a few words on what you've been up to lately & a thought on how CYJ has affected your life over the years. Also, please include a current photo and, if possible, a photo from your camp years.

We're looking forward to seeing many of you at the reunion! Don't forget to register today!

ALISON BANK

Hometown-- Flint, MI
Current location -- San Francisco, CA
Years attended camp/ty/yc--7 years at cyj, 3 years at ty, year course 94-95
Favorite shira shketa song?--Yerushalayim Shel Zahav

What have you been up to lately?
I've been doing photography for about 10 years now and I've owned my photography business for 3 years, based out of San Francisco. I shoot a lot of travel work, editorial work for magazines, private commissions, weddings, small ad campaigns and lots of kids and babies!

I love to travel and I feel grateful that my job allows me to do a lot of it. My job has taken me to Kenya, Brazil, Morocco, Switzerland and I can't seem to stay away from Michigan, where my lovely niece and nephew are. I'm always available for hire. I don't have any upcoming shows, at the moment, but folks can check out and purchase my work at www.alisonbankphoto.com.

In what ways has CYJ/camp generally had an impact on your life?
A year ago I ran into a camper of mine in NYC who I hadn't seen in 10 years. I'm always struck by how the camp-bond seems to persist throughout the years, regardless of where all our different paths have taken us. I think that my years in CYJ helped to define who I am and encouraged me to be the adventurer I've become.

No comments: